Grilling season may be over but it doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to kabobs just yet. Try this sodium free 10 minute recipe.
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes rinsed
- 1 squash rinsed and sliced into ¼ – ½ inch rounds
- 1 zucchini rinsed and sliced into ¼ – ½ inch rounds
- 1 orange bell pepper rinsed and sliced into ¾ inch squares
- 4-ounce mushrooms rinsed and wiped clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
Combine olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and rosemary. Set aside.
Heat oven broiler to high.
Remove wooden skewers from water and begin to alternate threading tomatoes, squash, zucchini, bell pepper, and mushroom.
Place vegetable skewers on rimmed baking sheet and brush with lemon-herb oil.
Place under broiler 5 minutes. Remove and carefully flip skewers (they will be hot). Place back in oven and broil another 5-7 minutes.NOTE: Carefully watch vegetables under broiler to avoid burning.
Recipe Credit: Agri-Life